Early Years Conference
EARLY YEARS CONFERENCE 2022- Writing in the EYFS
We are delighted to welcome back Kym Scott after her extremely popular conference in 2020 on language development. This year Kym will be focusing on the topic of writing in the Early Years. The conference will be delivered online in order to make it accessible for EYFS practicioners across Buckinghamshire.
The conference will allow participants to:
- Consider the role of the adult in both adult-led and child-initiated mark-making/writing experiences.
- Explore the role of language and physical development in becoming a writer and ways of supporting this.
- Explore the developmental stages of mark making and writing and the key elements needed to become a confident and effective early writer.
- Receive a framework to support the planning and assessment of these elements and developmental stages.
- Consider how adults can sensitively shape children’s writing skills through high quality interactions in their everyday play experiences.
- Share effective strategies for engaging all children in meaningful writing opportunities that make sense to them.
- Consider the types of mark making and writing experiences that inspire children and enhance their play, rather than curtail it.
- See real examples of inspirational practice from schools and settings Kym has worked in partnership with.
About the facilitator:
Kym started her career working with young children as a nanny and a pre-school assistant in her home county of Norfolk, going on to take teaching and senior leadership roles in London schools, before joining the Lewisham Early Years Advisory team in South London. During this time she co-wrote a number of publications with her colleagues, including the hugely popular "A Place to Learn', which was frequently described at the time as 'a bible for early years practitioners'. As a result of the book's popularity, my colleagues and I were asked to speak at conferences and provide training around the country. Kym then became Strategic Lead for Early Years before setting up her own education consultancy business.
- Cost: £80 + VAT per person (£60 + VAT per person from schools with 100 pupils or fewer)
- Date and time: 15th June 9.30-3.30pm
- Venue: via zoom
- Booking: Please use the booking form below.